Hawaii Weeks - Guest FAQ
Do I book directly through Hawaii Weeks or the owner?
You will be booking through Hawaii Weeks.
We manage weeks for private owners.
What is the process after booking a week?
After booking your week, we will start on the reservation process.
The Reservation Process
- You start by booking your week on our website.
- Once we have received the completed booking, we will have your name added to the reservation as a guest.
- We will email the updated reservation to you within 24 to 48 business hours.
Do we need to use an escrow company?
How do I pay?
Funds Transfer Option
⦁ Venmo or Zelle
Payment by CHECK
⦁ If you are paying by check, please make your check out to HAWAII WEEKS for the initial funding. A personal check is acceptable. Please send it to the address on your agreement.
Payment by DIGITAL CHECK
⦁ Please email a clear picture of the filled out check, front and back to email@example.com so we may do a digital deposit of it.
⦁ Once the digital deposit is accepted, we will notify you by email. Please retain the check for your files.
Payment by CREDIT CARD
⦁ If you are paying by credit card, we will invoice you by request through Venmo: HawaiiWeeks
⦁ If you are paying by credit card, we will invoice you by request through Paypal (Domestic: 3% credit card fee applies Canadian: 3.5% credit card fee applies).
Do you offer payment plans?
Currently, we do not. If payment arrangements are needed, please contact us.
Can I book additional nights?
Our weeks are pre-reserved, but on occasion we are able to locate an additional night. Many guests have found extra nights directly from the resort or from independent sites like Expedia, Orbitz, etc.
What is the check in process at most resorts?
All you will need is your name and your confirmation number to check in. Remember you are a guest of an owner and to always refer to yourself as a guest of an owner when you check in. That way all the rights and privileges are extended to you as their guest. This will include lower nightly hotel tax.
What is the nightly Hawaii resort tax for guests?
Hawaii resorts all have a nightly hotel tax they are required to collect at check in. This is part of the Hawaii hotel operators regulations. It averages around $11 - $19 per night (smaller 1BR units are a bit less and larger 2 BR units are a bit more). As a guest of an owner your nightly tax is usually less than a guest booking directly with the resort.
Will I have to pay for parking or WiFi?
WiFi is normally complementary, but some resorts will have extra parking fees. If the resorts has a parking fee, this will be stated on your reservation confirmation.
May I check in early?
Most resorts will allow early check in, so you can start vacationing right away. Your unit may or may not be ready, but you will have full use of the resort until it is.
Do you have a cancellation & refund policy?
- Hawaii Weeks offers a 100% refund of any and all funds paid if we cannot provide a resort confirmation from the owner for the dates as posted.
- Hawaii Weeks offers a 100% refund of any and all funds paid in the event of a cancellation for any reason within the first 48 hours after you have agreed to our terms and conditions.
- Hawaii Weeks offers a 90% refund of total booking amount if it is more than 31 days from check in date, a confirmation has been provided and the resort is open.
- Hawaii Weeks offers a 100% refund of any and all funds paid if cancellation is for COVID-19 interruption and the resort cannot honor the reservation up to 24 hours prior to check in.
- If a guest must cancel less than 31 days from check in for non COVID-19 interruption, Hawaii Weeks and the owner agree in all cases to make every effort to re-market the week to recover additional credit toward future bookings for our guest. The amount of additional funds recovered from a re-marketing effort cannot be guaranteed, but if we are able to re-market the week successfully, your refund credit can be up to 75%, but will never exceed a 75% refund of total booking funds due to the cost and time involved in the re-marketing effort.
What happens if my reservation is lost or cancelled by the owner?
In the rare event that your reservation is cancelled by the owner, Hawaii Weeks will make every effort to locate a replacement reservation for you, our guest. If we are unable to find another reservation, your funds will be 100% refunded.
Do You Have Reviews?
Yes we do have testimonials on our website home page.
We also have reviews on our Airbnb & VRBO listings.
COVID-19 Travel Info