Hawaii Weeks - Guest FAQ
When Will West Maui Open?
Hawaii Travel Update: The Mayor Just Canceled West Maui’s Phased Reopening And Announced A New Plan
The planned reopening of West Maui was supposed to occur in three phases over an extended period of time. But Monday, Maui mayor Richard Bissen announced at a news conference that the entire coast will reopen to visitors on November 1.
The change of plans comes as Bissen declared the first phase of West Maui’s reopening, which began on October 8, a success, adding that getting people back to work was of high priority.
“The interaction of our visitors and our local community has been positive,” Bissen said of the last two weeks. Now, phase two and three of the reopening will be combined, and all remaining hotels will be approved to reopen November 1 2023.Some resorts in Kaanapali like Marriott and Westin have been open as of September 15, 2023.
Do You Have Reviews?
Yes we do have testimonials on our website home page.
We also have reviews on our Airbnb listings page.
Do I book directly through Hawaii Weeks or the owner?
You will be booking through Hawaii Weeks.
We manage weeks for private owners.
What is the process after booking a week?
After booking your week, we will start on the reservation process.
The Reservation Process
- You start by booking your week on our website.
- Once we have received the completed reservation booking, we will have your name added to the reservation as a guest.
- We will email the updated reservation to you within 48 business hours.
Do we need to use an escrow company?
How do I pay?
Payment by Venmo, PayPal or Zelle
Payment by CHECK
Payment by DIGITAL CHECK
Payment by CREDIT CARD
Do you offer payment plans?
Currently, we do not. If payment arrangements are needed, please contact us.
Can I book additional nights?
Our weeks are pre-reserved, but on occasion we are able to locate an additional night. Many guests have found extra nights directly from the resort or from independent sites like Expedia, Orbitz, etc.
What is the check in process at most resorts?
All you will need is your name and your confirmation number to check in. Remember you are a guest of an owner and to always refer to yourself as a guest of an owner when you check in. That way all the rights and privileges are extended to you as their guest. This will include lower nightly hotel tax.
What is the nightly Hawaii resort tax for guests?
Hawaii resorts all have a nightly hotel tax they are required to collect at check in. This is part of the Hawaii hotel operators regulations. It averages around $12 - $19 per night (smaller 1BR units are a bit less and larger 2 BR units are a bit more). As a guest of an owner your nightly tax is usually less than a guest booking directly with the resort.
Will I have to pay for parking or WiFi?
WiFi is normally complimentary, but some resorts will have extra parking fees. If the resorts has a parking fee, this will be stated on your reservation confirmation.
May I check in early?
Most resorts will allow early check in, so you can start vacationing right away. Your unit may or may not be ready, but you will have full use of the resort until it is.
Do you have a cancellation & refund policy?
- Hawaii Weeks offers a 100% refund of any and all funds paid if we cannot provide a resort confirmation from the owner for the dates as posted.
- Hawaii Weeks offers a 100% refund of any and all funds paid in the event of a cancellation for any reason within the first 48 hours after you have agreed to our terms and conditions.
- Hawaii Weeks offers a 100% refund of any and all funds paid If guest requests a cancellation up to 31 days prior to check in.
- After 48 hours once a reservation confirmation has been provided in the guest name, If a guest must cancel 31 days or less from the check in date, Hawaii Weeks and the owner agree in all cases to make every effort to re-market the week to recover funds for the guest. The amount of funds recovered from a re-marketing effort cannot be guaranteed, but if we are able to re-market the week successfully, your credit can be up to 90%, but will never exceed a 90% credit of total booking funds due to the cost and time involved in the re-marketing effort.
If the Unit is uninhabitable or inaccessible on the day the your week checks in by reason of flood, fire, storm, force majeure, or other natural disaster, and a satisfactory substitute is not made available, the total funds will be refunded to the Guest. If the Guest is required to evacuate the Unit at any point during the booked Term, the Guest is entitled to a pro-rated refund for unused nights from the point of evacuation order through the remainder of the booked Period. In such events, the Owner will have no longer have liability to the Guest. Guest's inability to complete their travel for any other reason beyond the Owner's control (including, but not limited to, illness, airline interruptions, job loss, government mandate or restrictions) are the sole responsibility of the Guest, and the normal Cancellation Policy applies. Guest is encouraged to purchase trip interruption and cancellation insurance for such matters.
What happens if my reservation is lost or cancelled by the owner?
In the rare event that your reservation is cancelled by the owner, Hawaii Weeks will make every effort to locate a replacement reservation for you, our guest. If we are unable to find another reservation, your funds will be 100% refunded.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY (if you booked prior to 8/30/2023)
• Hawaii Weeks offers a 100% refund of any and all funds paid if we cannot provide a resort confirmation from the owner for the dates as posted.
• Hawaii Weeks offers a 100% refund of any and all funds paid in the event of a cancellation for any reason within the first 48 hours after you have agreed to our terms and conditions.
• Hawaii Weeks offers a 90% refund of the total booking amount if it is more than 61 days from check in date, a confirmation has been provided and the resort is open.
• Hawaii Weeks offers a 100% refund of any and all funds paid if cancellation is for COVID-19 interruption and the resort cannot honor the reservation up to 24 hours prior to check in.
• If a guest must cancel less than 61 days from check in for non COVID-19 interruption, Hawaii Weeks and the owner agree in all cases to make every effort to re-market the week to recover additional credit toward future bookings for our guest. The amount of additional funds recovered from a re-marketing effort cannot be guaranteed, but if we are able to re-market the week successfully, your refund credit can be up to 75%, but will never exceed a 75% refund of total booking funds due to the cost and time involved in the re-marketing effort.